Learn More About Online Banking
Now you can access any of your Commercial Bank accounts from anywhere in the world with convenience....
All you need is a PC with access to the internet. It's that easy to access any of your Commercial Bank accounts 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
All your transactions are secured with a 128 bit digital certificate and a firewall.
- Balance inquiry - View details of your accounts – savings, current, fixed deposits, loans, trade finances and investment and treasury bills
- Account history - See account activity for up to years in batches of 31 days
Print your account transaction history
View cheque images presented through clearing
- Unrealized funds - Details of deposited cheques in float
- Transfer of funds - Fund transfers among your own accounts
- Wire Transfer - Transfer funds to any account, domestic or international third party transfers to other local banks or overseas from your foreign currency account maintained with us.
- Bill payments - Pay and manage your utility bills, school fees, internet and insurance premiums online.
Settle your other bank credit card dues, such as HSBC, SCB and AMEX.
- Commercial Bank credit cards - Manage your Commercial Bank International Credit Card online.
Balance inquiry, payments history, previous statements, settle your dues, view the current cycle of transactions
- Order supplies - Request for cheque books and last statements.
- Prior statements - View and print current statements for up to 06 years and view cheque images presented through inward clearing.
- Standing orders – Submit standing order instructions and view existing standing orders.
- Share trading payments – Make payments online to your stock broker.
- Investments - Invest in new treasury bills and bonds, viewing existing investments.
- Messages – Secure channel to communicate directly with bank.
- Letter of credit - Opening and amending letters of credit
- Exchange rates inquiry - Check on foreign currency rates.
- Change password – Change the password at any given time
- Security tips - Advanced security technology including 128-bit encryption, two-factor authentication, password protection and multiple levels of authorization
How To Apply
Submit your application to your Commercial Bank branch or mail it directly to reach us at e-Banking center.
You could collect an application from any branch or could download from our web site.
- One off setting up fee of Rs.500/- will apply to personal customers
- This fee is not collected from senior citizen’s account
- 50% concession is granted for Super Saver account holders
- Rs.500/- annual fee is also applicable depending on the product type
- Only Rs.1000/- per user , per annum applies for corporate clientele.
You will receive access information (User ID and the Password) within five working days. User ID will be informed via email and password sent under registered cover.
Please follow the below steps to gain access,
1. Log in to www.combank.lk or www.combank.net
2. Select Online Banking - Sri Lanka icon , under internet banking
3. Click on Personal / Corporate User
4. Key in your User ID/s in capitals
5. Feed the password in capitals and submit
6.Change your temporary password when system prompt you to change it
You may need a fresh password to access Online Banking when, any one of the following instances,
- Error message says “The login information not recognized”
Login again using the correct steps as you might have used a wrong User Id or a Password. Should be cautious that both User Id and Passwords are case sensitive and it is mandatory to key in the User Id in upper case.
If you are unable to log in, your User Id would have got locked in the system due to unsuccessful log in attempts. A Password reset is required to access the facility again.
- Error message says “Password expired”
Your user ID would be expired after several invalid attempts to login.
- Forgot my previous password
A fresh password should be obtained from us to login again.
- Password resetting is done only on a signed request. Reset request is available in our web site.
You should handover your request (hard copy) to the closest branch to you, for onward processing, mail to reach us at e-Banking.
Terms & Conditions
In consideration of Commercial Bank of Ceylon PLC (Bank) pursuant to my/our request making available
to me/us internet banking facility, I/we agree to be bound by the following terms & conditions.
1. To restrict the use of internet banking facility exclusively to the person/s named overleaf
2. At no time and under no circumstances to disclose to any person the user ID/Password/Personal Identity No.(PIN) required for use of Internet Banking facility and to treat such as strictly confidential.
3. To report to the Bank immediately upon becoming aware that the user ID/Password/PIN has fallen into hands of any un authorised party.
4. To accept full responsibility for all transactions processed from the use of the Internet Banking facility.
5. To accept Bank’s record of transactions as conclusive and binding for all purposes.
6. That the Bank has the authority to revoke the account holders right to give instructions to the Bank using Internet Banking facility, at any time, without prior notice.
7. That the Bank is not bound to carry out the instructions given by the account holder, if the Bank at its sole discretion believes that such instructions do not emanate from the account holder.
8. Not to hold the Bank liable, responsible or accountable in anyway whatsoever for any loss or damage whatsoever arising by any malfunctions or failure of the Internet Banking Facility or on the failure or delay of the Bank to act on instructions given via this medium.
9. Notwithstanding to and without prejudice to the generally of provision of (8) above the use of Internet Banking facility shall be at my/our sole risk and I/We also accept any and all risk, incidental to or arising out of the use of Internet Banking facility.
10. That the Bank shall be at liberty to terminate the facility at any time without notice to me/us by cancelling the facility.
11. Joint account holders are inter-alias jointly and severally bound by these terms and conditions and are jointly and severally liable for all transactions processed by the use of this facility irrespective of whether the instructions have been given by one or more of the Joint Account Holders.
12. All rules and regulations governing the operations on Current, Savings or any other account shall be applicable to Internet Banking transactions relating to such accounts.
13. That the Bank reserves the right to vary these terms & conditions and fees applicable at any time and without prior notice.
Corporate accounts/ Partnerships/Associations:
In this document the following definitions shall apply;
Bank - Commercial Bank of Ceylon PLC, a banking company duly Incorporated in Sri Lanka having its Registered Office at No
21, Bristol Street, Colombo 01 and its successors and assigns.
Banking Day - A day on which Banks in Sri Lanka are open to business as usual.
Bank’s scale of Charges - The Bank’s scale according to which charges are levied from time to time from Customers permitted to Use Commercial Bank’s Internet banking facility. These charges may be varied by the Bank in its absolute discretion from time to time without notice.
Customer - An account holder or a group of account holders of the Bank Who have been permitted the use of Commercial Bank’s Internet Banking facility.
Customer Instructions - Any request or instruction to the Bank effected through Internet Banking facility by the use of a User Id and a Password.
Intellectual property Rights - Any and all rights of copying design right know how patent Design trademark and any other intellectual property rights of any description whether the rights of the Bank therein were acquired by way of acquisition assignment or other mode.
Linked Accounts - An account designated as a linked account by the customer. A primary Delegate may have any number of Linked Accounts.
Password - Any confidential Password, Code or Number, whether issued or created by the Customer (or any of the Customer’s Primary Delegates) and any combinations thereof, which may be used to access Commercial Bank’s Internet Banking or to issue a Customer Instruction under the Internet Banking facility.
Primary Accounts - An Account designated as a Primary Account by the Internet Banking Customer. An Internet Banking Customer may designate up to a maximum of two accounts as Primary accounts relating to a Primary Delegate.
Primary Delegates - Delegates appointed by mandate by the Customer to act on its behalf in Internet Banking facility
Clause heading are inserted for convenience of reference only and shall not affect the Interpretation of this agreement. Unless the context otherwise requires, words importing the singular shall include the plural and Vice-versa.
We are aware that,
• Commercial Bank’s Internet Banking facility is made available through a computer-based system or a suite of programs which is a product developed and marketed by Commercial Bank of Ceylon PLC.
• Accordingly the Internet Banking facility is expected to enable Customers to give instructions and make requests to the Bank through computer terminals.
• This is computer based product and authorization of transactions and identification of request for access and retrieval of information and the receipt and processing of instructions given to the Bank is carried out by a Computer system by reference to a Password and not by reference to signature. Accordingly, authorizations request and instructions given to the Bank by the use of such a Password shall be deemed to be given by the person recognized by such Password.
• Authorization requests and instructions given to the Bank through Internet banking by the use of a Password shall be and shall be deemed to have been given by the authorizes person recognized by such Password and the Customer undertakes to be bound by the authorization requests and instructions so given.
• Where the person recognized by such Password is a Primary Delegate of a Customer, Such authorization request and instructions shall be deemed to have given by that customer.
• Internet Banking is made available by a computer based system or program and a computer generated acknowledgement of instructions and requests is given immediately. However, except designated On-Line transactions, in all transactions, compliance time, which may vary from time to time and from transactions, will be made known on request, to the Customer.
• Internet Banking is available on a 24 hour basis. Transactions concluded through Internet Banking between the hours of 9.00 a.m to 4.00 p.m on a Banking Day are concluded, When concluded all other transactions are deemed to be concluded at 9.00 a.m of the Banking Day immediately following transactions. Overseas Customers please note that all times are Sri Lankan time which is +6.00 Hrs GMT.
3. The Service.
Internet Banking facility is designed to give Customers the ability to access and retrieve information and transfer funds between Accounts in the Bank and to give instructions to the Bank, through the Internet using the Customers computer terminal. While the Bank will take all reasonable steps to ensure a continuous and satisfactory service at all times, it cannot warrant or guarantee an uninterrupted or an error-free service.
** When opening Letters of Credit using Internet Banking facility the customer shall be bound by
the terms and conditions governing the Letters of Credit morefully described in appendix “A”
4.1 The Bank may in its absolute discretion increase or vary any items in the Bank’s scale of charges without notice to the customer.
4.2 The Customer agrees and undertakes to pay all charges to the Bank as per the Bank’s scale of charges from time to time, as and when due. The customer authorizes the Bank scale of charges from time to time, as and when due. The Customer authorises the bank to recover such charges from any one of the Customer’s accounts, without prior notice.
4.3 Failure to pay or to make available sufficient funds to enable the Bank to recover the aforesaid Bank Charges on or before the due date shall entitle the bank to discontinue and withdraw the Internet Banking facility from such Customer without any notice whatsoever
5. Security Control
• The Customer undertakes to ensure that its Primary Delegates keep all Passwords strictly secret and confidential at all times and that no one other than the primary Delegates will have access to or have knowledge of his password.
• The Customer shall ensure that security measures within the customer’s control are both adequate and properly maintained.
• The Customer shall ensure that its Primary Delegates change their Passwords regularly to ensure greater security.
• The Customer shall ensure that all entries to its accounts are monitored closely and checked and verified regularly and that the bank is notified of any error or discrepancy forthwith.
• The Bank may accept any customer instructions given by using a Password acceptable to “Commercial Bank’s Internet Banking as authentic and properly authorized and the bank shall be under no obligation to investigate the authority of the persons giving Customer Instructions or to verify the accuracy and completeness of customer Instructions so given.
6. Customer’s Instructions
• The Customer shall be fully responsible for all Customer Instructions given by the use of a Password attributable to one of its Primary delegates. The Customer and/or the Primary Delegate concerned shall not be entitled to disclaim responsibility for Customer Instructions so given without the Customer’s knowledge or authority and/or without the knowledge or authority of a Primary Delegate.
• The Bank shall not be responsible for any consequences whatsoever of any Customer Instructions being inaccurate or incomplete. The meaning and substance of Customer Instructions shall be as understood by the Bank. The customer undertakes to notify the Bank immediately by writing addressed to the Manager, eBanking Division, Commercial Bank Of Ceylon PLC, 21, Bristol Street, Colombo 01, of any known or suspected unauthorised access or unauthorised transaction in the event of such notification the Bank shall take reasonable steps to avoid the occurrence of loss or damage by such unathorised access or transaction.
7. Conflicting Instructions
The Bank shall be entitled, but not obliged, to accept Customer Instructions as instructions which have been properly authorised by the customer, notwithstanding that such instructions conflict or may conflict with or are in any inconsistent with any other instructions received by the Bank relating to any of the Customer’s accounts or transactions. However the Bank may in its absolute discretion reject or refuse to act on any Customer Instruction without notice and without assigning any reason to the Customer. The Bank is under no obligation to cancel or amend any payment or other instruction after it has been transmitted to the Bank. However, the Bank may use its reasonable efforts to act on a request by the Customer for cancellation or amendment of a payment or other instruction prior to the Bank’s execution of such instruction, but the Bank shall not be liable in any manner howsoever if such cancellation or amendment is not effected.
8. Obligation of the Customer
The duties obligations liabilities and covenants of the Customer shall be in addition to, and not in substitution or derogation of the provisions of any other agreements mandates or other document of whatsoever nature entered into made or executed by the Customer in favour of the Bank and the rights and entitlements of the Customer under these presents shall always be subject to the performance by the Customer of all duties obligations liabilities and convenants under these presents and all other agreements mandates and documents.
9. License for Software and Documentation
The Bank grants the Customer a non-transferable license to use the “Commercial Bank’s Internet Banking software and any revisions thereof provided by the Bank to the Customer in connection with the Internet Banking facility. The Customer shall be responsible for such equipment and related transmission links. The Customer shall keep the aforesaid materials strictly confidential at all times and shall not copy such materials, (except the “Internet banking” software for security purposes), or allow any other person access to them without the Bank’s prior consent. The “Internet Banking” materials and all copies thereof and all intellectual property rights therein shall remain the exclusive property of the Bank.
10. Conformity of Software
The Customer agrees that the Bank does not warrant or guarantee (whether express implied or otherwise), the fitness, suitability or the performance of “Internet Banking Facility”.
The Customer agrees and accepts that the Bank cannot guarantee that the operation of “Internet Banking facility” will be uninterrupted or error free.
11. Agent of the Customer
The Customer hereby appoints the Bank as the Customer’s agent for the purpose of :-
a) Instructing on the Customer’s behalf any relevant institution to transmit or otherwise communicate to the Bank and/or “eBanking Division” any information concerning the Customer and the Customer’s account(s) whether now in existence or opened hereafter with any such institution;
b) Opening, continuing and conducting accounts with any institution in order to give effect to any Customer Instruction, and the Customer agrees that any such account will be opened and conducted on such terms and conditions as that Institution shall reasonably consider appropriate; and
c) Agreeing on the Customer’s behalf with any relevant Institution that the provisions of this undertaking shall mutatis mutandis apply as between the Customer and such Institution (references in these clauses to the Bank being deemed to be references to such Institution and references in these clauses to “Internet banking Facility” being deemed to include references to any similar services provided by such Institutions.)
12. Information to Third Parties
The Customer authorises the Bank to provide third parties with such information relating to the Customer and the Customer’s account(s) as may, in the Bank’s reasonable opinion, be necessary in order to give effect to a Customer Instruction or in order to comply with the order of any court, government agency or lawful authority in any jurisdiction.
13. Delay & Failure to Provide Service
The Customer agrees that the Bank shall not be liable to the Customer for any loss or damage whatsoever which the Customer may suffer if the Bank is delayed or prevented from providing the Customer with the “Internet Banking Facility” or any other service by reason of strikes, industrial dispute, failure or suspension of power supplies or telecommunication system or other system or equipment or any other causes beyond the Bank’s control, including technical causes in the Bank’s computer or software systems, whether such causes constitute force major or not.
14. Liability of Loss
Under no circumstances shall the Bank be liable to the Customer (whether in contract, tort, including negligence strict liability or otherwise) for any consequential direct or indirect loss including without limitation loss of profits or contract (whether foreseeable by the Bank or not) arising out of or related to “Internet Banking Facility”
15. Validity and Enforceability of Instructions
The Customer agrees not to contest and to be bound by the validity or enforceability of messages including Customer Instructions transmitted electronically between the parties as part of the provision and use of “Internet Banking Facility”. Any messages, if introduced as evidence in any judicial or other proceedings, will be admissible as between the parties subject to the same conditions as other records that are maintained in documentary form and the parties shall not bring into question or dispute the admissibility as evidence of messages exchange and stored on the basis of this agreement.
16. Admissibility of Statements of Account in Evidence
Notwithstanding the provisions of any law or any other agreement between the parties hereto the Customer agrees and accepts that a statement with the following certification from two officers of the Bank shall be admissible in evidence against him in all legal and other proceedings between the Bank and the Customer in respect of any matter whether such matters arise under these presents or otherwise and such a statement (whether computer statement or otherwise) shall be final binding and conclusive between the parties for all purposes until and unless the Customer proves the contrary.
We do hereby certify that the above is a true and correct statement in terms of the clause (16) of the “Internet Banking” agreement entered into by the above named Customer.
Authorised officer of the Bank Authorised officer of the Bank
17. Entirety of The Agreement
• This agreement and the connected Mandate and Indemnity constitutes the entire agreement between the Bank and the customer relating to the use of the “Internet Banking Facility”, but any other agreement(s) between the parties and/or Mandate relating to the conduct of the Customer’s account(s) with the Bank by means other than “Internet Banking Facility” shall be unaffected.
• Each of the provisions of this Agreement is severable and distinct from the others and, if one or more of them is or become illegal, invalid or unenforceable, the remainder shall not be affected in any way by reason of such illegality, invalidity or unenforceability.
18. Alteration to Agreement
The Bank reserves the right to change by way of alteration, addition, deletion or amendment the terms and conditions contained in this agreement with a simple notice giving the effective date to the Customer. If the customer is not in agreement with the proposed change, the Customer shall terminate this agreement on or before the effective date of change by giving written notice of termination prior to the effective date. If the Customer does not give such written notice of termination it shall be deemed that the Customer has accepted the change.
• Notwithstanding any law or practice to the contrary, the Customer agrees and accepts that the “Internet Banking facility” is a general service provided by the Bank to customers and the Bank shall have the absolute and unquestionable right and authority to change any term or condition of this agreement and that the Customer’s only remedy is to terminate this agreement.
The Bank may (but shall not be obliged to) record and the Customer hereby consents to the Bank recording all transactions conducted and instructions given by using “Internet Banking facility” in discs and/or any other method or medium and the customer agrees that the only evidence of such transaction or instruction shall be such recording by the Bank and such recording shall be conclusive and binding on the customer.
20. Joint and Several Liability
If there is more than one person as Customer then under these terms and conditions,
(1) the liabilities and obligations of each of them shall be joint and several,
(2) reference to the Customer shall be construed, as the context, to any or each of them,
(3) each of them shall be bound even though any other customer of any person intended to be bound hereby is not, and
(4) the Bank shall be entitled to deal separately with the Customer on any matter, including the discharge of any liability to any extent, without affecting the liability of any other Customer.
21. Precaution by the Customer
• The Customer declares that the Customer is aware that the Bank will be acting upon the Customer instructions received by the Bank’s Internet Banking facility through the “Wire Transfer” facility to effect various types of monetary transactions and that the said electronic message feature has no transaction or authorisation limits built in to it.
• The Customer shall ensure that no instructions are given as Customer Instructions by any unauthorised person or in any unauthorised manner howsoever.
• If and when the Customer Instructions are effected by the Primary Delegates the Customer shall take steps and precautions to ensure that Primary Delegates act within the authority granted by the Customer.
• The Customer shall ensure that no person other than a Primary Delegate will access “Internet Banking facility”.
• The Customer shall ensure that no Primary Delegate will use any Password and User ID other than the ones provided by the Bank to such Primary Delegate or duly created by such Primary Delegate.
The Customer shall keep the Bank indemnified at all times against claims, demands, actions, proceedings, damages, losses, costs, and expenses which may be brought against or incurred by the Bank and which shall or may arise directly or indirectly out of or in connection with the (Internet Banking Facility) consequent to any failure breach negligence commission omission or representation (including representations contained herein) on the part of the Customer or its agents or servants unless due to the willful default of the Bank and this indemnity shall continue to be valid and effectual notwithstanding the termination of these presents.
Without prejudice to the Customer’s right to terminate in terms of clause 18 above, either party may terminate this Agreement on thirty (30) days notice to the other provided that the Bank shall be entitled to terminate this Agreement immediately in the event of a material breach or threatened breach of it by the Customer or upon closure of the Customer account(s) with the Bank or in the opinion of the Bank the Customer or any of its employees or agents pose a potential threat to the security of “Internet Banking Facility”.
24. Effect of Termination
Upon termination for any reason the Customer’s license to use “Internet Banking Facility” and any material or information provided for that purpose shall cease forthwith and the Customer shall immediately return to the Bank “Internet Banking” materials, including all copies thereof, and erase the contents of any “Commercial Bank’s Internet Banking” software held on hard or floppy disc and the Bank shall be entitled to destroy or make ineffective all Passwords given to Prime Delegates of such Customer.
Any notice or communication to be given pursuant to this agreement shall be sufficient if given in writing and personally delivered; or mailed by certified or registered mail, postage prepaid; or sent by electronic means, provided a hard copy print-out is delivered or mailed by the end of the second working day following the date of transmission to the address of the other party as follows:
If the Bank: The Manager, eBanking Division, Commercial Bank Of Ceylon PLC, No 21, Bristol Street, Colombo 01.
If to the Customer:………………………………………………………………………….
(The Name of the Authorised officer and the address should be filled in here)
26. Governing Law and Jurisdiction
Any matter or dispute arising out of or in connection with agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Sri Lanka and the parties hereto submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of Sri Lanka having jurisdiction over the place in which the registered office of the Bank is situated at the time of institution of legal proceedings.
AGREEMENT RELATING TO ISSUING OF THE LETTER OF CREDIT
You and or your agents and or representatives are not liable or responsible in any way for the genuiness, regularity, form, sufficiency, accuracy, falsification or legal effect of such documents. If apparently in order. In consideration of such payment or payments being made at MY/our request I/We agree to reimburse you immediately on your application the amount of such payment or payments together with all charges including interest at the rate of ……% per annum from the date of payment or payments until the approximate date of the arrival of the return remittance at its destination (this rate being subject to alterations from time to time without notice to Me/Us) and commission at the rate of ….% plus the commission and all charges of your correspondents, if any, The invoice , Bills of lading and Insurance Policies and above mentioned shall be held by you way of security for the said reimbursement and I/we undertake to deposit with you from time to time further collateral security and when you may require and in the event at any time or times of the depreciation of the market price of any of the securities aforesaid I/we undertake to provide you with additional securities to your satisfaction. Provided nevertheless that you shall be at liberty at your discretion at any and without marking previous application for reimbursement to sell or caused to be sold any merchandise the subject of such documents and or any of the securities aforesaid in such manner and at such time and place as you shall think fit and either by auction or private sale at your option and to apply the net proceeds (after deducting freight and insurance premium if paid by and all charges together with the usual. Merchants commission to which you are entitled) towards reimbursement of such payment or payments aforesaid.
And I/We hereby agree on demand to pay to you the amount of any deficiency accepting your account current as conclusive evidence of the amount due by Me/Us to you .I /We further undertake that if any amount recoverable or recovered under any insurance Policies be received by Me/Us it shall be held by Me/Us in trust on your behalf and paid to you on demand.
It is agreed that My/Our liability hereunder is not to be affected in any manner whatsoever by and you are not be responsible for any loss or damage which may happen to any such merchandise during its transit and or after its arrival , and or the non insurance or improper or inadequate insurance there of and/or deficiency in the quality, quantity, weight, or value thereof and or stoppage or detention thereof by the shipper or any other person whomsoever.
It is further agreed that this agreement cannot be either revoked or altered in any way except in writing with your express consent.
And/We further declare that this agreement shall not be affected by MY DEATH/OUR OR ANY OF OUR DEATHS but shall remain in full force and effect and shall continue to be binding notwithstanding any change which may from time to time take place by death or otherwise howsoever in the partners or constitution of My/Our firm and or company and that this agreement does not supersede but is in addition to any letter of Hypothecation already signed or which may hereafter being signed by Me/Us in your favour.