- Loan approval within 3 days
- Discounts on building materials
- Loans to build, purchase, renovate or settle an existing Home Loan
- NRFC account holders can obtain foreign currency Home Loans.
Special discounts up to 40% for building materials including Roofing sheets, Cement & allied products, Paints & allied products, Floor/ Wall tiles, allied electrical accessories, Wood care products, Bathroom fittings & accessories and PVC pipes & fittings, Hardware items for loans obtained for construction
- Loan approval in 3 days without any additional charges
- Longer repayment period
- Flexible approach and fast approval
- Attractive and competitive low interest rates
- Convenience of our island wide branch network
- Purchasing a house, apartment or land
- Building a house
- Completing a partially built house
- Renovate, extend or complete a house
- Paying off an existing home related loan
You should have a regular monthly income (minimum Rs 25,000), individually or jointly with your spouse. This income should be sufficient to meet the monthly loan commitment as well as living and other expenses.
Depending on your need and income, you could borrow from Rs 500,000/- up to Rs 50.0 million. Even if your requirement is in excess of Rs 50.0 million, you can still negotiate with your branch manager for a higher amount.
Depending on your age you could agree for a repayment period of up to 20 years. Also, you can select from 2 modes of payment:
- Equated monthly installments - where your capital plus interest is a fixed sum
- Reducing monthly installment - where you pay back your capital in equal installments plus interest on reducing balance
- Medical Officers registered with Sri Lanka Medical Council
- Chartered Engineers, Chartered Architects
- Chartered Accountants ( Members of CA Sri Lanka/ ACCA / CIMA-UK)
- Attorneys at Law, Software Engineers
- Pilots licensed under Air Navigation Act
- Navigation Officers (Marine Officer/ Deck Officer)
- Researcher or Senior Academic (recognized as an accredited professional)
are eligible for an interest rate lower than the published interest rates
We have tied up with some of Sri Lanka’s leading Condominium Property Developers to support the aspirations of Sri Lankans seeking to purchase apartments several popular locations in Colombo, suburbs and in Kandy.
You can obtain up to 80% of the value of an apartment at competitive interest rates with flexible repayment options, and that the loans can be disbursed within a week from the date of application where there exists tripartite agreements between the Bank, the Borrower and the Developer.
You only need to provide the Sales and Purchase Agreement along with your personal and income related information to apply for the loan. Loans can be granted in Sri Lankan Rupees or in Foreign Currency (available only for Sri Lankans who are employed Abroad) depending on the your choice and Foreign Currency Loans can be repaid in the same currency, through NRFC accounts.
Condominium Apartments >>
- Loan application.
- A membership registration under any Professional Body acceptable to the Bank (If applicable).
- Letter from the employer confirming Employment, Salary & Deductions with the undertaking that the salary will be remitted to the account at Commercial Bank.
- Bank statements of other banks for the past 06 months, where salary is being credited at present.
- Salary slips for past 03 months.
Entrepreneurs / Self Employed
- Entrepreneurs and self-employees who are with proven track records of income, should submit such evidence.
- Documentary evidence regarding any Higher Educational / Professional Qualifications (If available).
- Any other documentary evidence to prove additional income.
- Copy of the latest registered title Transfer Deed / Title Certificate (whichever applicable).
- Copy of the approved Survey Plan depicting right of way or copy of the Cadastral Plan.
- Copy of the approved Building Plan (to purchase /construct a house).
- Certificate of Conformity (COC) (to purchase a complete house).
- BOQ (Estimate) if the purpose is for the construction.
- Local authority documents obtained within last 06 months (Street Line Certificate, Building Line Certificate, Non Vesting Certificate Report, Certificate of Ownership )
- Copy of the receipt of the rates paid for the last quarter.
- Names of the Grama Niladhari Wasam & the Divisional Secretariat applicable to the land (to be incorporated in the Mortgage Bond).
- Letter from the tenant to provide vacant possesion if the property is already occupied.
- If the property to be mortgaged is a Condominium Property ( Depending on the situation documents may vary ) please refer legal department & address the same.
Terms & conditions apply
Product information and terms & conditions are subject to change from time to time. Therefore, it is advisable to contact the branch nearest to you for the latest information and prevailing terms & conditions.